Expert services and/or collaboration within common research projects are offered in the following areas:
A. FOOD/FEED CHEMICAL SAFETY, HUMAN EXPOSURE, AND FORENSIC ISSUES
Development of advanced methods for analysis of multiple contaminants and their metabolites in food, feed, biological and environmental matrices; investigation of preventive measures and mitigation strategies:
- Mycotoxins and natural plant toxins
- Pesticide / veterinary drugs residues
- POPs and other industrial contaminants
- Packaging contaminants / migrants
- Processing contaminants, antinutritive substances
- ´Emerging´ contaminants
B. FOOD QUALITY ATTRIBUTES AND AUTHENTICATION; BIOPROSPECTION
Implementation of novel approaches for characterization and classification of:
- Metabolome / foodome: fingerprinting and/or profiling methods employing high resolution MS (ambient, LC, GC); advanced data processing; specific markers´ identification
- Biologically active compounds: non-target screening for ‘unknowns’ in plants / microorganisms; identification based on cutting-edge mass spectrometric techniques; assessment of chemical cocktails in combination with bioactivity testing
- Flavours / odours: combination of instrumental and sensory analysis; assessment based on the combination of comprehensive GC and olfactometry
TRAINING AND STUDY STAYS are offered to PhD students / postdoc young researchers interested in the above areas.
The UCT Prague closely cooperates with EU Reference Laboratories (EURLs) network in the field of QA/QC strategies, interlaboratory validation studies, reference materials and traceability of chemical measurements.
‘ACCREDITED TESTING AND METROLOGICAL LABORATORY’ of the Department of Food Analysis and Nutrition performs according to the International standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005; accreditation was provided by the Czech Accreditation Institute, signatory of the ILAC-MRA. For an external QC, the laboratory regularly participates in the proficiency testing (FAPAS, EU PT, IRMM, IAEA, etc.).